Saturday, April 3, 2010

Knitting- Diagonal Eyelet Fingerless Glove Love

 Yeah, rockin' a Fullmetal Alchemist shirt

So, I found this awesome pattern on CreativeYarn and knew right away that I had to make them. And make them I did. And they were beautiful. The color, the design. Love, I tell you.

Except that they're too big for my hands (they're pinned in the picture so you can see their full magnificence, but they're not fully magnificent because they're too big).

This is where crushing disappointment would normally come in. Except that these knit up so darned fast (2-3 hours, I suppose) that I know whipping up another pair will be a breeze. I'll use smaller needles this time (the pattern calls for 6, I'll use 4s) so that I don't have to attempt to alter the pattern, which I'm not nearly adept enough to pull off anyhow.

For the time being, however, my crafting dance card is completely filled by the things I'm making my mother for Mother's Day. Which is the Lion Brand Rib Sampler Scarf (free and awesome!) and a cross-stitched version of the Twilight book cover (yeah, totally original, I know).

Hopefully I'll get some progress shots of those soon. Eh, it's more likely you'll see it when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails