Monday, December 6, 2010

We Have Wee Dogs, Marilyn, and Silly Walks!

I'm going to skip the long explanation in regards to my (rather lengthy) absence, and just say simply that I've been incredibly, very sick the last several months. And while I'm not out of the woods yet, I'm am better for the time being.

So, what has the old Scone Gunman been up to, craft-wise? Not much until recently.

I should have been working on crafting Christmas gifts at least a month ago, but the health thing kept me away. However, this past week I finally gathered up some strength, borrowed a dash of motivation, and got cracking on gifts.

One of them flopped. We won't talk about that one, okay?

I have four or five gifts in various stages of undress. Mostly finished but needing something like, say, a frame. I squandered valuable gift-crafting time by starting an embroidery for myself:



I'm a bad person. Wait- redemption!

For my mother's birthday (which also happens to be this month), I embroidered her dog. As in, I embroidered a picture. I didn't embroider *on* the dog.



The tag is embroidered with the initials 'PL', because the dog's name is Penny Lane. It's modified from a Gina Matarazzo pattern.

And for my mother's...boyfriend? Partner? For the guy my mother lives with (that'll do), who happens to be a Monty Python fan (like myself), I stitched the Ministry of Silly Walks plaque:


One of those 'just add a frame' deals.

Is there more? Oh, Cthulhu help you, yes! I've been a crafting fool. In the next day or so I'll post some of my other finished projects, like the prettyful pink neck warmer I also made for my mumsy, as well as my handy dandy, homemade Christmas cards.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you've been sick for a long time. My partner has a chronic illness so I know how illness really gets in the way of life. Hope you are feeling better and that 2011 is a much better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I followed my nose here from craftster... your recipes look so yum, I will have to give some of them a try.
    Sorry to hear you have been so unwell, hope you can get back to posting again soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails